Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

How can I pay my FNB credit card from my Standard Bank Cheque account?

Arina
Visitor
How can I pay my FNB credit card from my Standard Bank Cheque account?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Community Coordinator

Hello @Arina,

Please be advised that you will need to add your credit card as a beneficiary on the mobile banking app in order to be able to transact into it. In order to add the beneficiary;

• log onto the app,
  • Tap on "add a beneficiary" then "use local bank details",
  • Complete the information and save.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

0 Kudos
siseko

Hi there. I just tried this with my Absa Credit Card but the site and mobile app say invalid account number.

0 Kudos
NCM
Occasional Visitor

I don't actually have a response to the question except for adding that I have been struggling myself. The response provided to your question is not as easy as it is made. I also need to add my FNB credit card details but I found it impossible.

Someone from Standad Bank please assist

0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hello @siseko,

The best way to resolve this is to add your credit card details under beneficiaries on your Internet Banking. Note, because your account number is your card number the App will recognise this as an invalid account number. Once you have added your credit card details you should be able to transact via your app.

Let us know if you encounter any issues when adding your credit card as your beneficiary.

Regards,

Boitumelo

0 Kudos
MrsGain
Occasional Visitor

I am logged in to my internet banking profile and have been trying to add my FNB Credit Card as a beneficiary in order to make payment from my STD Bank Credit Card account. The error message that pops up is : Payment Type + Account Incompatable - Private 

The only option that pops up when you start typing in "first..."is FIRSTCARD FIRSTCARD - Is this the account that will transfer from my STD Bank CC to my FNB CC? 

0 Kudos
KevinNaidoo

Has anyone solved this as yet? Still an ongoing issue. It used to be possible to pay an FNB Credit Card from Standard Bank but this has changed it appears. I have an FNB Business Credit Card. 

0 Kudos
Jacomina
New Contributor
0 Kudos
Lesedi93
Having the same error. Nothing works. Is it possible? Tried the cards as beneficiary, then the card number. Its doesn't work.

Someone from @StandardBank is it possible? If so how?
0 Kudos
Isitworthit

This is supposed to be "A one-stop forum for all your banking questions".

This thread has been going since December and still there is no valid response from Standard Bank.

Yet another example of failure to attend to customer problems,.

Come on, Standard Bank, with a little effort you could do so much better.

Why can’t we have a step-by-step instruction on how to add a credit card as a beneficiary?
If it doesn’t work, say so.  If it does, explain – for both the app and internet banking.

I won’t hold my breath. My expectations from banks and customer service departments are very low.

0 Kudos
Jacomina
New Contributor
Finally figured it out.
When you are adding the beneficiary you need to select the business option. Search for the following:
Firstcard Firstcard

Then give your fnb credit card number as their reference.
Works for for me. Takes a couple of days to reflect sometimes. Sceptic me did a small amount first offcourse....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
petermathebula
New Contributor

@Isitworthit wrote:

This thread has been going since December and still there is no valid response from Standard Bank.

Why can’t we have a step-by-step instruction on how to add a credit card as a beneficiary?
If it doesn’t work, say so.  If it does, explain – for both the app and internet banking.

I won’t hold my breath. My expectations from banks and customer service departments are very low.

@Isitworthit wrote:

@Isitworthit wrote:

0 Kudos
petermathebula
New Contributor
0 Kudos