Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

changing cell number

Solved
301 REPLIES 301
FanaM1
Community Coordinator
Hi, MDIU.

Thank you for reaching out.

Kindly note that contact details are only changed by our branch team in accordance with banking policy.

The purpose of this is to ensure that the information provided is correct, and there is a form to fill out to confirm a contact number change so that the operation works smoothly.

Warm regards.
Standard Bank Team
MDIU

I LOST MY PHONE SO THAT WHY I WANT CHANGE MY NUMBER

@ilanampiti wrote:

Hello Kamo_magesh,

You need to visit a branch to change your number for the banking app. I apologise for the miscommunication. 

it"s so ok

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @Bleotlela.

Kindly note that contact details are only changed by our branch team in accordance with banking policy.

The purpose of this is to ensure that the information provided is correct, and there is a form to fill out to confirm a contact number change so that the operation works smoothly.

Warm regards.
Standard Bank Team

Bleotlela

Hello, I am a varsity student and live way far from the mall. I lost my phone a month ago now when I try buying online it always requires the OTP but the pin is sent on my old number. I really would appreciate your help. I tried emailing and calling but my emails get blocked and the call doesn't help since I can't speak to an agent. I wouldn't mind deleting my banking app credentials so I can start afresh.  

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @Natasha011.

We're sorry to hear about that.

Our team needs to have a look into it, as it sounds more like your profile was not updated accordingly.

Please send an email to [email protected] with the subject line "Contact number change,"  along with your ID number and new contact details.

Kind regards, 

Standard Bank Team.

Natasha011
I have the same problem I get the code sent to my old number yet I went in to bank and I changed my number!? So why do I receive code to old number coz I can't login my banking app..
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good morning, @Nido.

Our branch changes contact numbers according to banking policy.

The reason for this is to ensure that the information provided is correct, and there is a form to fill out to confirm a contact number change so that the procedure runs smoothly.

Warm regards,
Standard Bank Team

hannahpetrich1

im working overseas - and my number linked for OTP verification doesnt work in the uk. 

my mother went to the branch in south africa on my behalf and ifnormed us to contact standrdbank international - i have emailed international - but they cant assist. 

i do not have access to contacting the south african help number being international - the number given for queries to south africa for aboard does not work. 

what can be done to assist?

Nido
New Contributor
Please help me change my phone number
Nido
New Contributor
Help me change my phone number
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good day, @ntokozomazibuko.

The reason for this is to ensure that the information provided is correct, and there is a form to fill out to confirm a contact number change so that the procedure runs smoothly.

Warm regards,
Standard Bank Team

ntokozomazibuko
I wanna change my number ,because the old number is linked to my bank account so I can't notifications
FanaM1
Community Coordinator
Good day, Davids73.

Warm regards,

Standard Bank Team
Davids73
New Contributor
Contact detail change 7311250225087 new contact number 27718294849
Davids73
New Contributor
FanaM1
Community Coordinator
Good morning, Oyisasihle30.

Contact numbers are changed by our branch as per the banking policy.

The reason for this is to ensure that the details provided are correct, and there is a form you need to fill out for confirming a contact number change so that the process is seamless.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank Team
oyisasihle30
New Contributor
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good afternoon, @Lawr.

There is a new feature that allows you to switch your OTP from SMS to email.

It requires you to be DigiMe'd to be able to switch it.

Under settings on Internet banking, there's an option called "Manage OTP preference.".

It allows you to toggle between SMS and email.

Should the email not be on any of your banking profiles, our team will not be able to assist.

Please send us the below documents to enable us to assist you further.

front and back of your card.

3 specimen signatures

-Copy of ID and passport.

letter confirming the email address you need to change the OTP's to and the card number you use for internet banking.

Upon receipt of all correspondence, our team will assist you effectively.

Forward them to [email protected] for immediate assistance.

Kind regards,

Standard Bank Team.

Lawr
New Contributor
Cant change via online i want opt
Lawr
New Contributor