Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Proof of Payment

Solved
Tester
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I also have noticed this  and raised my complaint, this has still not been resolved.
I find it shocking that such a useful feature component has been removed.

It is that time of the month that users will be making the most payments.

Most of us are out of office and it is easier to do payments via the mobile App as opposed to logging on to desktop, so getting the proof via desktop is an inconvenience. 

At the end of the day, the mobile up is meant to make life much easier. Standard Bank needs to keep up with the fast paced life and be able to cater for more efficient features.

Please can this feature be re-implemented again.

Regards,

Tester.

0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hello Tester,

As advised this feature is currently undergoing final test and due for release which we will let you know the soonest we have the exact dates.

Regards,

Boitumelo

0 Kudos
DaleHes
New Contributor
Wow...well done Standard Bank..
NOT! 'Final testing' after two years of being in its 'final stages' of development? This is a feature which I'm sure even a first year IT student could get up and running within a day!
0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hello @DaleHes,

I can imagine your frustration on this. Please note that the notification option is available when you making the transaction on the new updated version of the app,  you will be able to share this when making the payment but once the payment is done you won't be able to share the notification. The part of sharing the notification after making this transaction is the part that is still in testing. 

Let me know if you need further assistance on how you can share the notification when making your on-line payment.

Regards,

Boitumelo

0 Kudos
seno
Occasional Visitor

How can I get proof of payment for a previous transfer? 

0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hello @seno,

The best way to resolve this is via your Internet Banking. Note this feature is only available on the app while you processing the payment not after processing the payment.

Regards,

Boitumelo 

0 Kudos
Sly50
Occasional Visitor

I am really frustrated that at this time, I still cant get proof of payment from the new IB and the old IB cant allow me to log on and is referring me to a number that does not ring. I am thing changing banks might help me. Loyalty does not pay in this case.

0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hello @Sly50,

Kindly be advised that you have the option to either, Download, Print or Save your proof of payment on the new Internet Banking site, making use of the following steps:

• Log on to the Internet Banking portal with your email address and password,
  • Select "Transact" at the top of your portal display,
  • Under the "History" dashboard, select "Proof of Payment",
  • Browse through your transactions and select the one that you need proof of,
  • Select "Proof of Payment" under the transaction, towards your right,
  • At the top right corner of your portal display, you'll have the option to download, print or save the proof of payment - select the option that you require.

Please let me know upon completion if this process has been helpful.

Regards,

Mandy

0 Kudos
TJ2
Occasional Visitor
I'm currently on the new website and following the step you mentioning and I can safely says It does not work.it does not give you an option to dowload/save/print under the history dashboard ,You can only view the proof/statement.
Frustrating to say the least!
0 Kudos
Community Coordinator

Hello @TJ2,

Please be advised that you need to select "Proof of Payment" under the history folder in order to have sight of your transactions. Once your Transactions have been displayed, click on the particular transaction of which you need the proof of payment for. The option "Proof of Payment" should be displayed below the amount (towards the right of your portal display). Once the proof appears, you'll have the option to Download, Print or Send - at the top of your portal display.

Regards, 

Mandy

0 Kudos
Lungile8
New Contributor
I tellephonically paid an amount ofR800 to acc No. 245408017. I need proof of payment to be sent to email address: [email protected]
0 Kudos
Lungile8
New Contributor
I tellephonically paid an amount ofR800 to acc No. 245408017. I need proof of payment to be sent to email address: [email protected]
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coordinator

Hello @Lungile8,

Please be advised that currently you have the option to either download, print or send proof of payment on the new Online Banking. Kindly follow these steps to download, print or send proof of payment:

• Log on to the Internet Banking portal with your email address and password,
  • Select "Transact" at the top of your portal display,
  • Under the "History" dashboard, select "Proof of Payment",
  • Browse through your transactions and select the one that you need proof of,
  • Select "Proof of Payment" under the transaction, towards your right,
  • At the top right corner of your portal display, you'll have the option to download, print or save the proof of payment - select the option that you require.

Regards,

Mandy

0 Kudos
dirk1

This system is like a bad joke.

I just made a payment to a supplier while in another town and had to send a POP for stock release. I made the payment using the mobile app and simply used the option to email them the proof of payment directly from the bank.

They did not accept this POP, and when I saw the POP for myself I could see why. It's basically a screenshot of the app payment confirmation.

There are NO reference numbers, NO standard bank letter head, it looks more like a screenshot than an actual POP.

I eventually managed to find the list of past transactions buried deep in the internet banking site (I had to find a laptop to do this, I couldn't do it from my phone).

This information should be readily available just a few taps away from the app's home screen. The POP sent during the payment step should be the PROPER proof of payment PDF with all relevant reference numbers.

I am now strongly considering moving to another bank that has a functional system.

0 Kudos
Janneneham
New Contributor
Has this been fixed yet?
I have tried via the App and the NEW Internet Banking Site and do far cannot find any option to retroactivrly create a pop.

Please tell me this has been fixed and where to do this?

Thanks, Jannene

0 Kudos
Janneneham
New Contributor
P.S Payfast will not accept a screenshot of the transaction and want a formal POP.
0 Kudos
nmudzengerere
Occasional Visitor

I wanted to check If there is a way of getting proof of payement beyond 180 days as I need a proof for a February 2018 payment .

Hope you can assist.

Regards

0 Kudos
NDNzama14
New Contributor
I need a proof of payment for previous deposit I like to send to someone who need it
0 Kudos
NDNzama14
New Contributor
0 Kudos
NDNzama14
New Contributor
0 Kudos